-->

WHITE ALMOND CAKE

I love this cake so much that I served it at my wedding. I had it made of course. I like to bake, but left that one up to Glorious Desserts in Des Moines. Her almond cake is bad ass. My mom will order one for family celebrations and haul it 5 hours from Des Moines to Chicago for us…she’s the best.

But because I love almond cake so much, I had to have a recipe that I could make at home that I equally loved as much as Glorious Desserts.


This is it! I have made this cake plenty of times and no matter what, it’s everyone’s favorite. They actually say I don’t make it enough! My mother-in-law’s best friend made this cake for her wedding! She said it was outstanding. See! This is why I love to blog – sharing recipes and my love for almond cake inspired someone to make it for her wedding! That makes me smile. 🙂




Ingredients


Cake

  • 1 package white cake mix
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1⅓ cups water, room temperature
  • 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1½ teaspoons pure almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 4 egg whites, room temperature

Frosting

  • 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
  • 5 tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1¼ cups granulated sugar
  • pinch of salt


Instructions


Cake

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 3 round cake pans.
  2. Stir together the white cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed. Pour in the water, sour cream, vegetable oil, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg whites, and beat with an electric mix on low until all the ingredients are mixed and moistened but some lumps still remain.
  3. ........................................
  4. .........................................


for full instructions please see : www.stuckonsweet.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel